Do you intend to get a higher SEO rank and let your business ‘be seen’?
If yes, then there is a need to work on your On-page SEO. It is one of the most essential processes that aims to provide a higher rank to the website over the search engine’s organic results and execute an effective SEO campaign. As every SEO procedure revolves around a website (being a focal point); so if it is not optimized correctly, you will have a hard time attracting traffic from the search engines.
Let’s begin a journey around the concept of On-page SEO –
What is On-page SEO?
The term on-page SEO refers to the process of optimizing a webpage’s content for the search engines. Its ultimate objective is to assist the search engine crawlers in comprehending the meaning and context of your pages by speaking their language. For instance, the optimized keywords used by the SEO Specialist New York direct the search engines through numerous signals to help them understand your website’s content. That’s why on-page optimization is of utmost importance, as it contributes to offering a better user experience.
What are the best On-page SEO Techniques for your website?
Here are the top-most best on-page SEO techniques that can be used to increase the incoming traffic to your website, thereby boosting sales and revenue:
Use SEO-Friendly URLs to Enhance your Visibility
First of all, ensure an SEO-friendly URL whenever you’re building a new page or updating the existing one. A healthy URL is one that incorporates keyword phrases naturally while displaying the page’s purpose. This technique proves beneficial for both search engines (to add SEO worth) and users (to build trust by making the URL easily understandable).
- Try to use short (less than 25 characters), easy-to-read, and recognizable URLs, assuring keyword-richness for Google search results.
- Experiment with Keywords – only related with URLs as they actively display the signs of getting a higher rank.
- Avoid using ugly URLs generated by your Content Management System (CMS).
- Make sure that you’re using just one version of your URL to avoid confusion between both: your users and search engines. Moreover, verify your Robots.txt file to ensure that your URL is going to be indexable once it becomes live.
Always Include Keywords in Title Tag
It’s well-proved that pages often rank better when the keywords are appropriately used in the title tag. In fact, the title tag has gained a lot of weight in Google’s algorithm for determining what the web page is all about, and it not only appears at the browser top but also in the SERP results.
- Place the keyword at the beginning of the title as it weighs more in the search engines.
- Create comprehensible and concise title tags by using the fundamentals for creating compelling headlines.
Wrap your Titles in H1 Tags
Do your website’s heads and subheads use keywords naturally? Are they engaging and compelling? Do they add to the page flow? These questions must be answered at every move of the on-page SEO process.
The ultimate goal of using the H tags is to inform Google about the structure of content to enhance readability. For instance, H1 tags are used for headlines that describe the post topic, followed by H2, H3, or H4 tags representing the further sub-headings. However, avoid optimizing your page by adding keywords even to the sub-headings.
Use Structured Data Markup
The easiest way to enhance your website performance is to provide the search engines with as much information as possible. That’s why it is usually preferred to use the structured data markup (rich snippets) to outrank the competition. Though it may not apply to every type of content, it should be used fully wherever possible. The reason is that the structured data can provide several advantages, ranging from higher CTR in the SERPs to better overall SEO performance.
Write Feature Focused Meta Description
Focusing on writing a feature-based meta-description can help you highlight your USP irrespective of clocking in at about 150 characters. It is one of the most robust tools in the SERPs that prove to be the only place to get a complimentary ad copy. You can make the most out of these 150 characters by using the space for adding a call to action, your brand name, unique value propositions, any geographic locations, featured facts about your company, and so on.
Are you looking for On-Page SEO Checklist?
- Here is a summarized checklist that you must consider to improve your website’s on-page SEO:
- Analyze the difference between Off-page and On-page SEO.
- Ensure the posting of well-researched original content after optimizing it.
- Conduct detailed keyword research and add them thoroughly to your title and content.
- Search for LSI and related keywords to incorporate in your headings and content.
- Use only one H1 tag followed by the hierarchical headings as H2 >H3 >H4…so on.
- Make your content attractive by using the options of Bold, italics, and CSS.
- Optimize images and other graphic contents such as ALT text for images.
- Add outbound links to your content.
- Opt for reliable hosting to reduce the site loading speed to less than 3 seconds and make it mobile-friendly.
- Give way to comments on your content (publish only the ones that make sense).
With the hundreds of techniques utilized by the Top SEO Company in New York, the on-page SEO checklist becomes never-ending. However, the only goal of all these techniques is to make the search engines and users delve deeper into your site. Adding the right add-ons: references, content, and keywords is one such way. Furthermore, you must focus on the originality, use of natural language, length, and alike while drafting the content for your site. As per Google’s algorithm, all these tips and techniques reduce the ultimate site load time, increasing the engagement rate and higher returns.